The Memories of the Holy War arc is the fourteenth arc in the series, lasting from the 198th chapter to the 218th chapter.
Following Liones' victory in driving back the Demons, King and Diane are found in the Fairy King's Forest where they are suddenly cornered by Gloxinia and Drole, who easily defeat them. However, they reveal their intention is not to kill the two but to make them stronger for the upcoming battle against the Ten Commandments.
Using a spell, they are able to transport Diane and King's souls back in time to their bodies from 3,000 years ago where they are able to live out the events of the legendary Holy War. They meet with Meliodas' past self and a Goddess who just so happens to look exactly like and has the same name as Elizabeth.
Successfully driving away one of the past members of the Ten Commandments, King and Diane realize the depravity of the Goddess Clan's methods in killing off the Demon Clan and the bitter hatred between the Demons and the other races, including a group of humans who desire vengeance against Stigma for wiping out their village.
They also meet with Gowther of 3,000 years ago who reveals himself as one of the original Commandments and then meet his creator, the original Gowther. Still angered with Gowther for erasing Diane's memories, King goes back to the forest to stop the senseless violence while Diane stays with the two Gowthers. However, upon arriving, he finds a mortally wounded Gerheade in Rou's arms and nearly kills him in a blind rage but remembers his encounter with Ban back in the Capital of the Dead and restrains himself from killing him, sending him back to his body by not making the same mistake as Gloxinia.
Meanwhile, Diane and the Gowthers are ambushed by Zeldris who serves as the Demon King's executioner. In order to help Gowther stop the war, Diane stays behind to fight Zeldris so the two can escape but is easily overpowered by him, where he gives "Drole" a choice: to die or to join the Ten Commandments. However, Diane simply runs away instead and thus, is able to return as well with her memories restored by the original Gowther and confesses her love for King.
After returning to Liones, Diane and King both try to help Gowther regain his memories and emotions but Gowther refuses and attempts to escape. The two, along with Meliodas, Ban, Merlin, and Escanor, chase after him and after Diane talks sense into him, Gowther accepts the painful memories of his past with Nadja, Bartra's deceased sister from decades ago and restores his original personality to how it was.
Fights and Events
- Diane & King vs. Drole & Gloxinia
- Meliodas, Diane & King vs. Calmadios
- Ten Commandments vs. Four Archangels
- Elizabeth vs. Derieri & Monspeet
- King and Diane are revealed to be in the Fairy King's Forest with some of the giants and fairies.
- Gloxinia and Drole manages to infiltrate the forest and kidnaps Diane and King.
- Diane and King fight Gloxinia and Drole, but they are quickly overpowered and lose.
- Gloxinia and Drole decides to test King and Diane by using a ritual to make them relive what they went through during the Holy War.
- King and Diane are joined by Meliodas and the goddess Elizabeth, who are both members of Stigma.
- King, Diane & Meliodas take down Calmadios of the Ten Commandments.
- After the battle, the rescued humans join Stigma, which base is revealed to be inside the Fairy King's Forest. One of the Four Archangels, Ludociel, is revealed to be the leader.
- Gerheade is revealed to be Gloxinia's sister, explaining why he made a Golem with her appearance in the Great Fight Festival arc.
- The Ten Commandments attempt to invade Stigma, but are stopped by Elizabeth. However Derieri dispatches her after the goddesses kill many of their people, including her sister.
- The Ten Commandments fight the Four Archangels. The Four Archangels end up getting overpowered by Derieri and Monspeet when they transform into Indura.
- Sariel and Tarmiel betray Ludociel and help Elizabeth turn Derieri and Monspeet back to normal.
- Gowther infiltrates Stigma's HQ by controlling Nerobasta. He also manipulates Melascula into using the Light of Grace to free his true master, Gowther.
- The Humans rebel against Stigma, having a deep grudge towards them.
- Diane talks with the original Gowther, while King sees Rou holding a bloody Gerheade.
- Rou is revealed to have saved Gerheade from death by killing his ally and tells her that his town was wiped out by Stigma.
- King doesn't kill Rou, after remembering Elaine's words to him about Ban. He passes his trial as a result.
- Diane encounters and fights Zeldris, who has come to take the original Gowther back to prison. He easily overpowers Diane and attempts to convince her to join The Commandments, however she runs away, passing her trial as well.
- Diane regains her memories of King as a result of the gift original Gowther gave her.
- King starts growing wings.
- King and Diane officially become a couple.
- Gloxinia and Gerheade reunite, while Oslo is revealed to be Rou's reincarnation.
- King and Diane rejoin the Seven Deadly Sins in Liones.
- Gowther regains his lost emotions with the help of Diane and King and his Power Level increases as a result.
- King and Diane's Power Levels increases as a result of passing their trials.
|Holy Knight Saga||Introduction arc • Forest of White Dreams arc • Baste Dungeon arc • Capital of the Dead arc • Vaizel Fight Festival arc • Armor Giant arc • Kingdom Infiltration arc|
|Ten Commandments Saga||Post-Kingdom Infiltration arc • Albion arc • Istar arc • Ravens arc • Great Fight Festival arc • Defensive Battle for Liones arc • Memories of the Holy War arc • Corand arc|
|The Holy War Saga||Prelude to the New Holy War arc • New Holy War arc • Demon King arc • King of Chaos arc • Epilogue arc|
|Four Knights of the Apocalypse Saga||Percival arc • Echo Gorge arc • Sistana arc • Cant arc • Dalflare Range arc • Entangled Forest arc|
|Game original sagas||Ragnarok arc|