"Power... it draws its source from one's strong will, belief and experience."
This page includes a list of all the powers that have appeared in the series, Nanatsu no Taizai.
Powers「魔力 Maryoku; literally meaning "magic powers"」 are mysterious abilities invoked through unknown means. The source of an individual's power is stated to be drawn from one's will, beliefs and experience. The power resides within the body itself even though the catalyst to awaken one's power is unknown, the former being supported by the Holy Knight's belief that their bodies are imbued with "magic that transcends human knowledge." Magical powers can also be gained and utilized from sources of power by research and experimentation.
A power weakens and grows unstable if the user loses control of their emotions, though this may be remedied through training. Magical abilities can be sensed through the exertion of the individuals' auras and those who felt it have different reactions towards such power. They can be measured by Balor's Magical Eye by Power, Strength, and Spirit in numerical values that determines one's overall Power Level. While powers grant users various advantages and benefits when engaged in combat, there are drawbacks for using them: For example, Full Counter's inability to reflect indirect or normal attacks; Ruin's ability requires a unique staff's bell to make it work; and Invasion's requirement of a long-range distance.
These abilities can be categorized into offensive, defensive and support skills in battle. The Holy Knights from different kingdoms across Britannia use their magical abilities to protect the people from various threats in their lands.
List of PowersEdit
- Enchantment: Hellblaze「
付呪・ 獄炎」, Fuju (Enchanto): Gokuen (Herubureizu)」: A mysterious demonic enchantment that generates black flames which never extinguish and the additional effect of nullifying an immortal's regeneration. Possessed by Meliodas, Zeldris, Monspeet, Estarossa, and Hendrickson.
- Enchantment: Hard Protection「
付呪・ 防壁膜」, Fuju (Enchanto) Bōheki-maku (Hādo Purotekushon)」: An enchantment that forms a protective barrier, forming around the user and is capable of fending off physical attacks. Possessed by Helbram.
- Enchantment: Resist Fire「
付呪・ 炎の耐性, Fuju (Enchanto) Honoo no Taisei (Rejisuto Faiya)」: An enchantment that greatly reduce damage the user received from fire attacks, notably from Explosion. Possessed by Helbram.
- Enchantment: Resist Wind「
付呪・ 風の耐性, Fuju (Enchanto) Kaze no Taisei (Rejisuto Uindo)」: An enchantment that greatly reduce damage the user received from wind attacks, notably from Tempest. Possessed by Helbram.
- Elizabeth's Power: A mysterious ability that allows her to persuade others to retreat from battle by speaking into their hearts and souls.
- Friesia's Power: A power that manipulates insects and use their highly destructive and corrosive poison for offensive purposes. Can be utilized for espionage and reconnaissance.
- Jericho's Power: Jericho previously possessed a slashing techniques referred as Godspeed. It was lost with the removal of her demon blood. After her brother's death, she awakens an ice manipulation ability similar to Gustaf's Ice Fang.
- Jillian's Power: Jillian possess the power to constrict her enemies with a wire-like trap ability, rendering them immobile for the time being.
- Marmas' Power: A power that allows the user to increasing gravity on their opponents at specific increments with maracas-like maces.
- Ruin's Power: A power that hypnotizes and delude foes into believing that their comrades and allies are the user, which results in them battling each other. The bell on the user's staff is the source of that power.
- Weinheidt's Power: Weinheidt possesses the power to create a realistic illusion himself to deceive enemies, as well as the ability to charge his arrows to shoot with more power to deal maximum damage.
- Hunter Wisp「
狩玉, Karidama (Hantā Uisupu); literally meaning "Hunt Sphere"」A power that summons three small light orbs and fires them at the target. These orbs relentlessly hunt the target down and explode on impact.
- Aura Burst「オーラ・バースト, Ōra Bāsuto」: A power that allows the user to perform powerful energy wave slashes with dual swords at the target.
- Bullet Squall「
弾雨, Dan'u (Baretto Sukōru)」: A power that launches a torrential rain of bullets to deal area-of-effect damage.
- Death Breath「
死神の息吹, Shinigami no Ibuki (Desu Buresu)」: A power that summons carnivorous ghosts which devours their enemies.
- Flick Stone「フリックストーン, Furikku Sutōn」: A power that sends forth a massive avalanche of rocks towards targets.
- Goen no Jujin「
豪炎の 呪陣, Gōen no Jujin; literally meaning "Inferno Incantation"」: A power that produces and fires flames from the user's hands. Similar to Blaze.
- Dontsu no Kiri「
鈍痛の 霧, Dontsū no Kiri; literally meaning "Mist of Dull Agony"」: A power capable of killing foes by enveloping them with a white mist. Similar to Death.
- Plant Whip「
暗緑鞭, Anryokuben (Puranto Uippu)」: A power that summons a large plant which whips enemies with its numerous vines.
- Wind Shooter「ウインドシューター, Uindo Shūtā」: A power that sends a succession of sharp winds towards a target.
閃 光Senkō」: A Grace that grants immense speed to his wielder, with such speed it seemed like he teleported. Possessed by Ludociel.
竜 巻Tatsumaki」: A Grace that allow its wielder to manipulate wind. Possessed by Sariel.
大 海Taikai」: A Grace that allow its wielder to creates a literal ocean to trap his opponents and to liquefy his body. Possessed by Tarmiel.
太 陽Taiyō」: A Grace that enhances the wielder's strength dramatically until the rise of the sun to the point where they can become nigh-invincible, but will weaken as the sun sets. It was blessed upon Mael. After his identity changed to that of Estarossa, it was passed to Escanor through unknown means.
- Immortality: Grants the user immortality, bestowing upon them unrivaled regenerative abilities. Possessed by Ban
- Levitation: An ability that grants objects and users to fly at will.
- Transformation: An ability that allows a user to alter their physical appearance and apparels.
- Rapid Movement: A common ability that allows users to move in great speed in a blink of eye as if by teleporting.
- Magic Detection: A common ability that allows users to perceive any source of magic whether in objects or people.
- All of the powers' effects closely resemble the users' traits and personalities - for example: Ban's ability Snatch corresponds to his habit of stealing, Meliodas' Full Counter reflects his intention not to directly harm people, and Dreyfus' Break symbolizes his ambition to become supreme and crushing anyone who stands in his way to supremacy.
- Despite powers being largely unique amongst the characters, there are several cases where individuals related by blood have displayed similar powers. These include:
- Dreyfus's Break and Griamore's Wall, which have opposing properties but whose strength is dependent on their willpower.
- Gilthunder's Thunderbolt and Zaratras's Great Thunder, which are lightning-based abilities similar in every aspect but name.
- Gustaf's Ice Fang and Jericho's unnamed ice power, both of which are abilities revolving around the manipulation of ice.