The Prelude to the New Holy War arc is the sixteenth arc in the series, lasting from the 234th chapter to the 256th chapter.
Fights and EventsEdit
- Seven Deadly Sins vs. Chandler
- Drole & Gloxinia vs. Chandler
- Arthur Pendragon vs. Meliodas, Zeldris, Cusack & Chandler
- Chandler and Cusack are introduced as the former masters of Meliodas and Zeldris, respectively.
- Chandler faces and overwhelms the The Seven Deadly Sins in battle.
- Drole and Gloxinia fight and die at the hands of Chandler in order to save Elizabeth and The Seven Deadly Sins.
- Meliodas leaves the Seven Deadly Sins and takes Elizabeth with him.
- Hawk is revealed to be connected to Purgatory. Ban, through Hawk goes there in the hopes of getting Meliodas' emotions back.
- Ludociel takes over the body of Margaret Liones.
- Ludociel stabs and possibly kills Vivian.
- Sariel and Tarmiel takes over the bodies of Solaseed and Arbus.
- Meliodas joins up with his brothers, Estarossa and Zeldris to find the commandments and become the Demon King.
- After a disagreement with Meliodas, Elizabeth flees from him and teams up with The Seven Deadly Sins, along with the Holy Knights and The Four Archangels to stop him from becoming Demon King.
- Merlin is revealed to have received blessings from the Demon King and the Supreme Deity and that they destroyed her home town for accepting their blessing from both of them.
- The Fourth Archangel, Mael is revealed to have been killed by Estarossa of the Ten Commandments.
- Sunshine is revealed to be the blessing that originally belonged to Mael.
- Ludociel states Sunshine was not meant to be wielded by a human and that the power will eventually kill Escanor. The fact that Escanor is later seen coughing up blood seems to confirm this.
- Estarossa mercilessly kills Galand to acquire his commandment.
- Arthur Pendragon attempts to take back the Kingdom of Camelot by fighting Meliodas and his fellow demons with the Holy Sword, but ultimately fails and stabs himself with the sword after being controlled by Cusack's ability, Resonant.