Rhitta is giant ornamental axe with a blade shaped like a crescent moon, similar to that of a Monk's spade. The axe also features two golden protrusions, one larger than the other, with the white tips of a spear, the longer one is in the middle at the top of the axe and the smaller one is on the opposite of the blade of the axe. The handle is dark blue and it features a golden semicircular guard with four golden spikes on it. Its design specs and distribution of weight are (likely intentionally) off: most of the weight is concentrated in the head, leaving it off balance, and even more difficult to wield than its impressive weight would already make it.
- Charge & Fire「
充填＆ 放射Jūten & Hōsha (Chāji & Faia); literally meaning "Fill & Emit"」: Rhitta's special ability is to completely absorb and store the enormous amount of heat Escanor radiates from his body during the day. This allows him to release the heat on command and with precision instead of simply burning away everything in his vicinity.
By saying the command "Sacred Treasure Release"「
By having enough stored power, Rhitta also allows Escanor to assume his daytime form at night.
- Rhitta is the third Sacred Treasure to be shown in a flashback.
- Rhitta is named after a young maiden loved by the sun.
- Despite its large size and the weight of its head, Rhitta is a one-handed weapon.
- Rhitta is the heaviest of all Sacred Treasures.
- In the manga, the handle of Rhitta appears mistakenly facing the opposite way at first. In the anime, the handle is correctly facing the direction of the blade.
- It is implied by Escanor that there is a limit to how much heat and magical power Rhitta can absorb from his body at a given time and will no longer be able to keep his power in check as noon approaches.