The Seven Disasters「七つの災い, Nanatsu no Wazawai」 or The Seven Catastrophes are a group formed by Lilia that aim for the destruction of the entire world. They appear in the Grand Cross mobile game.
Frustrated on continuously failing on managing to control her Awakened form and getting pursued by the Holy Knights, Lilia realized she wouldn't be able to achieve her dream by herself and decided to recruit allies from another worlds who'll help her to make her dream come true.
After some failed attempts, the mage managed to summon a woman named Valenty and by the similarities between their ideologies and a mutual interest on each other, they quickly became friends. However, they are surprised by the sudden arrival of the Seven Deadly Sins, who came to capture Lilia once and for all. Lilia, at the edge of defeat, is saved by Valenty, who unleashed a sudden magical power that caused a tremendous earthquake, and, amid chaos, Lilia and Valenty are able to get out of the Sins' sight and, determined on searching from more allies from another world, they concretize their own own group entitled 'The Seven Disasters'.
Later, while Valenty went on a journey to explore Britannia, Lilia proceeded attempting, unsucessfully, to summon more allies for her team, but when reunited with the Weapon Researcher on the caves of Balleno and was handed a crystal impregnated with magical power, Lilia sucessfully summoned her brand new ally, Eastin Amabyllis.
Some time later, Lilia and Valenty, now certain that something is clearly wrong on their summoning rituals, invade the Hall of Black Magic searching for some data that would allow her to comprehend the problem on their summoning. However, while sucessfully stealing the research data, they fall on a trap armed by Merlin and, before being captured, Lilia asks Valenty to escape and search for Eastin's help.
Now with the data from the Magic Hall, Eastin and Valenty manage to summon a being with the power to cut through space and time, the Human Weapon Mono. Despite Mono's initial hostily, Valenty convinces her to help in the group's goal while she finds a new reason for her life since its not obligated to obey orders anymore. The group, then, invades the Magic Hall once more and, while Eastin and Mono break into Lilia's prison, Valenty stay behind in order to distract Merlin.
Now sucessfully settled in the Timespace Junction, Lilia manages to summon her brand new member, Roxy, a former warrior slave from another world. Shortly after, through her new member's influence, the mage also invoke Shin, an interdimensional robber.
Later, Lilia also manage to reach Camila, a goddess of the Beastmen who posses a deep hatred towards humanity for their persue of her followers. Lilia then convices the deity to join her group after promising power and help to fulfill her desire on destroying humanity in trade of contributing on the mage's plans.
Each member, at the apex of their strength, is associated with a state that relates the reasons behind their alligment to the team.
- Lilia is the Desire, representing her dream of the world's destruction and becoming a mage able to surpass Merlin.
- Valenty is the Obsession, representing her fixation on developing weapons to the point of not carrying if her experiments are hurting or even killing others.
- Eastin is the Authority, representing her goal of having her homeworld at her feet after her people attempted to murder her and killed her entire family.
- Mono is the Might.
- The other members' titles are yet to be revealed.
- They might be inspired by a mix of the Benevolent Kings Sutra, the Medicine Master Sutra and the The “Perceiver of the World’s Sounds” chapter of the Lotus Sutra definitions of the seven disasters said to be caused by the slander of the buddhism teaching.
- This is the first group in the series whose female members surpass male members in quantity.
- Its also the first group to be led by a woman.
- Every member of the Disasters is associated with one of the Sins in Grand Cross.