Vampires are one of the many species of monsters that were born from the Mother of Chaos.
3,000 years ago, the Vampires fought as vassals for the Demon Clan in the Holy War. Sometime during the war, the Vampire King Izraf had plotted a secret rebellion as he despised being subservient to the Demon King. However, the Demon King personally and single-handedly defeated the Vampire Clan and as punishment, made the vampires an example of what happens to traitors. Zeldris, the Demon King's executioner, was tasked to execute them. However, unable to bring himself to kill Gelda, his lover, Zeldris sealed them away in an ancient sarcophagus instead.
Over twenty-three years ago, due to grave robbers tampering with the sarcophagus, the seal was broken and the Vampires were released once again. To reestablish themselves, they took over the Kingdom of Edinburgh in one night by massacring the population and turning them into Vampires, along with the Holy Knights.
With their sights set on Liones as their next target, the Seven Deadly Sins were dispatched to deal with the threat and all of the Vampires were killed (or captured in Orlondi's case), except for Gelda, who was resealed by Meliodas again for when Zeldris would eventually be broken from the Demon Clan's seal.
Vampires have humanoid appearances, though some may have larger proportions. Their main characteristic is a pair of fangs.
Powers and Abilities
The vampires are known to be a very powerful race. They share the same ability of converting humans into vampires by biting them and sucking their blood in the process. The power over vampires double at night, as stated by Merlin.
- Blood Draining/Enslavement: The ability to drain blood from their victims not only allow them to feed them, but turning them into their own undead slave.
- Pseudo-Immortality: Vampires seem to have a infinite lifespan as they are undead, they can however still be killed.
- Regeneration: Vampires are known to possess an incredible ability to regenerate. This ability could be enhanced by drinking the blood of a demon to the point where they can survive decapitation, one of the few things a vampire can't survive under normal conditions.
- Darkness: Similarly to the Demon Clan, Vampires have also shown to have access to the ability to create and control darkness for offensive and defensive purposes. Vampires in particular can use this ability to shroud and shield themselves from sunlight, allowing them to safely travel around during the day time without being burned.
- Sunlight: Vampires are known to not be able to survive direct contact with Sunlight and exposure itself may end up killing them. Due to this weakness, Vampires typically overcome this weakness by using their ability to conjure and manipulate darkness to wrap it around themselves protect themselves against direct exposure to sunlight during daylight hours. When establishing territory, the Vampire King, Izraf can create a gigantic barrier of pure darkness to shield him and his kin from sunlight.
- Extreme Bodily Harm: As stated by King, the only way to truly kill a Vampire is to inflict massive amounts of physical damage to their bodies. Several ways to kill a vampire is to either decapitate them, destroy their hearts or completely crush or incinerate their bodies to ash, with anything less being stated to be insufficient to kill them due to their immense regenerative powers.
- Purge: A human turned vampire can also be killed by using the holy elemental power "Purge" of the Druids and Goddess Clan to release their souls from their undead bodies. It is unknown if this technique is also effective against natural born vampires.
- They served as allies of the Demon Clan in the ancient war but are a separate race from the Demons.
- Due to Orlondi having been reduced to a floating eyeball under Merlin's control, Gelda is the only true Vampire left.